Monday, November 19, 2012


Tattoos are always being frowned upon for all of the wrong reasons. Don't get me wrong I understand all the fuss about it reflecting who you are in a negative way but that's where they go wrong. And the permanent mark on your body that can never be removed. Some people think it is a form of rebellion of some sort which is just absolutely wrong. But in fact tattoos reflect who you are in a positive way because it represents who you are through your eyes and no one else’s.

It interests me to see how people express themselves by what they choose to get as a tattoo. Everything means something to someone so I don't understand why people talk bad about people with tattoos if it's just their way to express themselves. Everyone should be allowed to do with their life as they please because we all deserve to be happy. And if getting tattoos makes someone happy then people shouldn't judge.

3 comments:

  1. Lourdes, you’re my first student to blog about tattoos and so far, I’m learning a lot. Getting tattoos is certainly a generational thing. Not that long ago, the only people that had tattoos were men in the armed forces and really strange people. Now, it seems as if they’ve become rather common place in people (men and women) under 30 years old. As with anything new, it will take some people a little bit longer to get used to it than others. While I wouldn’t get a tattoo myself, I don’t really mind them on other people (for the most part). I still don’t like “sleeves” or tattoos on the neck and face. I often wonder how a tattoo that a 20 year old has now will look in 30 or 40 years after the body has changed with age. Time will tell I guess. I’d love to see you write about the history of tattoos – where and when did this practice start? What type of material is used for the “ink”? About how much do they cost? What is involved if someone wants to remove a tattoo? Your blog is very interesting, informative and very creative! I’m looking forward to returning soon to read (and learn) more! Mrs. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote. it is very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job Lourdes. I agree that a person should be able to express themselves through this medium. I do not have any, but I have loads of friends who do and got them because the symbolism behind the ink is special to them. It is something that takes time to think out, get, and take care of over time...good work!

    Mr. Sweeney

    ReplyDelete