Friday, November 30, 2012

Brief info about tattoos

Polynesian Tribal Tattoos
Tattoos have been around for many centuries and have been used for many different things. They are mainly known for their cultural traditions. Within these traditions tattoos have been used for a significant purpose within the culture. Some cultures have even used tattoos in a form of communication between only certain people. Tattoos can also be used as a form to indicate your social status as they did in earlier years. Either way tattoos have always had a significant meaning and were used to express yourself one way or the other.




1 comment:

  1. Wow Lourdes, I never knew that tattoos can be a symbol of culture. I always thought it was a tool used to rebel against parents or a thing used to make a person look tougher. This gives me a whole new few on tattoos!!! I always wondered who got those crazy tattoos that cover your entire arm, I think it’s cool that it is actually a symbol of cultural traditions!! GREAT BLOG!! I can’t wait to go read more!!

    ReplyDelete